Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Allotments, chickens and goats

The weather was very variable today and I knew I had to spend some time on paper work as I have some work coming up for which I need to do some preparation.

I started work early and it was raining quite hard, but by about 10am the sun was out and I couldn't stay on the boat any longer. I decided that everything needed a good airing, so I opened all the doors and the covers and soon there was a lovely breeze flowing through. I feel safe doing this at this time of year because as yet I haven't seen a spider, but I will be much more cautious about leaving doors open once they start to become active. T texted me tonight to say that on changing her gas bottle and going into the gas storage unit at the front of her boat tonight she had discovered three big hairy spiders, so I am starting to get a bit twitchy now!

I sawed lots of wood today and we have used much of it on the fire tonight which is lovely as it is a gentle heat and so satisfying to know it is all free! Not only have I got quite a bit of work done, but I also took Jack for a long walk and got lots of boaty chores done, so it's been a productive day.

The really good news is that T has been told that she is nearly next on the list for an allotment and we may actually be in proud possession of one by the summer. I can't wait to grow our own veg. It seems that all our aspirations are starting to become a reality. Once the allotment gets going we will consider chickens and then maybe we can start to think about some goats........

Watch this space .....

Al :)

No comments: