Wednesday, March 14, 2012

A brief update

Tonight T, Jacks owner sent me a script which she had written as part of her course and it was so good I wanted to read the next chapter. She had only sent it as an example of her writing but it really gripped me and I suddenly thought that I might be friends with a future well known novelist / script writer. Needless to say Jack featured strongly in the plot and I think that she and I both need to be careful as he might just start wanting royalties before long!

Today has been the lull before the storm. I am working tomorrow, then next week I am off to Scotland and  Newcastle for a couple of weeks work away. It means I get to have baths as I will be in hotels, but I will miss the boat and of course Jack and my friends on the marina.

In preparation, I have filled the boat with water, washed all my clothes to get the damp smell off them (although Phil still says I am imagining it) and managed to dry them from a special clothes rack which hangs off the boat.

When we get back I have decided to give the boat a good spring clean which will take us up to Easter, when we plan to cruise up to the basin by the estuary. The wild life up there is fantastic and it is really peaceful. The people are different too, they are very interesting to talk to as, owning yachts they sail the oceans not the canals!

I will probably not be posting much over the next two weeks, being away, but life up at the estuary is fascinating and I will be posting once we get up there, so stick with me!

Al :)

No comments: