Saturday, August 18, 2012

On the move again

Today we are moving back to our permanent mooring for a few days until we set off for another trip.

I shall really miss the peace and solitude up here and the lovely skies:






While I have been here, I have been able to recharge my batteries and can actually say that I am ready to go back to work in a couple of weeks! 

The weather hasn't been good, but we have had the occasional day of sunshine. A good friend of mine came over the other day and we had our first (and probably only) barbeque of the year:



We sat in the sunshine and watched the world go by:




As we looked over at the old life boat the swans spotted us....
and ambushed us for food in convoy!





 The next day I opened all the doors and windows on the boat and got some air flowing through, then for the first time in ages I sat on the stern and read a good book!


I also got all my washing dry!!

A hang glider flew overhead....












..... and it was all very peaceful.

After we get back today, we will be having a few days of pottering around the marina and then we are off again - north this time, with friends going in convoy, which should be fun.

The upper end of the canal is lovely and quiet as not many people explore so far north. We went up by car the other day to do a 'recci' and here are some pictures:















I just hope the weather is kind to us!!

Al :)

2 comments:

Fiona said...

Lovely photos Alice.

Unknown said...

Thanks Fiona. The canal is very photogenic!