Sunday, September 30, 2012

More Produce

It has rained non stop today and for the first time in ages I haven't actually set foot off the boat!

We have lit the fire although it is not really cold, it is just so miserable outside and we wanted something to make us feel cosy. Son number one came to visit for lunch and we had a lovely family few hours.

This afternoon, I made myself do some paper work and then decided to decant the first batch of  Plum Gin I prepared about eight weeks ago. Phil has been complaining about the boat being like a distillery as every cupboard he opens has jars in varying stages of maturity. I decided that, once I have decanted these, the rest can wait until I return from Malaysia in December, so I put all the jars under the bed to store:


They don't all contain alcohol, there are some jars of pickled onions there as well!

I decanted the gin into some of the bottles my friend bought me at the car boot a few weeks ago and I think it looks lovely:























I was then left with the dilemma as to what to do with the plums. I can't waste them, so I made some liqueur chocolates which don't look great, but taste fabulous:

 
 
I still have plenty of fruit left, so I think an alcoholic Crumble or Eton Mess, (using plums instead of strawberries) will be on the menu for pudding tonight!
 
I was on a creative roll, so set to to make some shower gel, using my favourite essential oils, Rose and Geranium.
 
Phil asked me cheekily where my pinny was as I've been such a little home maker today !!
 
It has been a productive day and it proves that I don't have to get cabin fever if I'm stuck on the boat for a day.
 
:)
 


No comments: