Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Dawn colours

I woke up this morning at 5.30am and noticed the light coming through the curtains was quite sensational. I got up and stood on the stern and sure enough it was a cracking sun rise:


























We went up to the Lake District today to visit some friends who own the boat next door to us. They use it as a weekend retreat and have a beautiful house with fantastic views over the mountains. They are quite elderly now but related stories over lunch of how they would climb Coniston Old Man on Christmas morning before heading home for lunch. We thought that we were serious walkers, but that shows real committment!!

I am desperate for a walk but Phil has pulled a ligament in his leg and it is taking time to heal. He has promised that as soon as we have a fine day (not had one of those for ages), he will take me somewhere nice and throw me out for a walk while he sits in the pub and waits for me (now there's a hardship!)

We are also planning a trip on the boat in a couple of weeks, spending a few days travelling north where the scenery is supposed to be spectacular, so watch this space!

Al :)

2 comments:

Fiona said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Fiona said...

Wish I lived closer- I would relieve you of some of your lovely produce!