Saturday, February 11, 2012

Wellies and Whippets

Having taken Jack on his favourite bit of the tow path yesterday and having got my boots and jeans covered in mud yet again, I decided it was time I bought some wellies. They were selling some lovely bright cheerful ones in town and they were half price, so I bought them. When I got back Son number two and girlfriend had arrived to watch the football and they fell about laughing at the sight of the wellies. Phil has declared that he will not be seen with me when I am wearing them. I think that is a tad unfair, they're not that bad are they?




I had a lovely walk with Jack the whippet who didn't seem to have any trouble being seen with me in my wellies! We went up to the local farm to buy some milk and eggs. That is one of his favourite walks because there are so many interesting smells around the farm. I think he knew he was having a special walk because he kept running, leaping in the air and coming back to nuzzle my leg all the way down the tow path.

Up at the farm I took a picture of where we live, you can just see the buildings around the marina, it is so rural I love it:



I arrived back just as the football was finishing, a good result so everyone was happy. The only thing to do after a result like that was to go and celebrate with a meal out at our favourite local pub. After a lovely meal and having dropped son and girlfriend off at their house, we arrived back at the boat and watched a really exciting performance of Bach's Brandenburg Concertos on Sky Arts, so a great day for entertainment overall.  

We are going to get an early night as we are climbing Blencathra tomorrow. I did it a few years ago via the notorious sharp edge ridge which was quite scary. We are going to do a safer route tomorrow in view of the snow and ice, but it will still be quite strenuous.  

:)

1 comment:

Fiona said...

Just reaching for my sun-glasses.