Monday, April 16, 2012

Community

I started the day by meeting my German teacher for a coffee. I go to a conversation class every week and the group of people are great.We all get on and learn so much from each other. My teacher expressed an interest in learning the piano and we have agreed that I will give her a piano lesson in exchange for some German conversation where she will correct me whenever I get sonething wrong, which is something she can't do in a large group. We chatted for a long time and she is such a sensitive and intelligent person, I really enjoy being in her company.

I rode my bike back along the tow path and saw the first duckling of the year - as usual I had forgotten to bring the camera so no pictures :(

I got home to find Jack the Whippet waiting for me, so I took him for a walk. The swans are nesting:




 
It was very therapeutic getting out for a good walk and the scenery was lovely as usual:


We have had a very social evening, with four boaters dropping in to see us at different times. I had bumped into one of them yesterday and had given her a bottle of our own brew cider to try. In return she brought me some home made wild garlic pesto sauce. It smelt absolutely sensational and I can't wait to try it, but as I am working the next few days, it may be prudent to leave it until I am not in close contact with people! I had passed a whole bank of wild garlic on the tow path today when cycling back from town and she said that is where she had got it from.

It has been a very social day and I have really felt the sense of community amongst us boaters today. Long may it continue!



Al :)

No comments: