Sunday, January 1, 2012

Back in the UK

I'm back!! I was actually back a couple of weeks ago but I was ill so haven't been up to blogging.

However my new years resolution is to keep this going for the whole of 2012 and see how it goes. If I don't think it is useful after that I will stop, so feedback is appreciated and requests for any particular themes will be considered (e.g. more info on the ins and outs of boating).

India was awesome! It was hard work but I managed to see a lot of the country with the help of my hosts who were lovely people and made me feel so welcome. However during the 4 weeks I was out there I had three bouts of Dehli belly despite being really careful about what I ate and drank. By the time I came home I was weak and ill and had lost nearly a stone in weight.

I am now back in the full flush of health and over Christmas enjoyed sampling our damson / sloe gin and cider and chutney. It was particularly nice not having to think about the quantity I am eating as at the moment I'm still under my ideal weight, so I can eat what I want without feeling guilty!





Today being New Years Day I have made some resolutions about the coming year, but I will divulge them over the next few blogs. Also we are going to be making some improvements to the boat over the next year which I will share on here in the hope they may be useful. We have lived aboard for just over a year now and feel we have learnt a lot and also have many ideas for making life even more comfortable and cheaper, so watch this space.

I have had a lovely day. I took Jack for a walk along the canal and followed a Kingfisher all the way down - superb! Just wish I'd had my camera with me. I now have some mince pies baking in the oven and some chestnuts roasting at the bottom of the wood burner. Fantastic!

HAPPY NEW YEAR to all my readers

Al :)

No comments: