Monday, January 16, 2012

Pot Pourri

It was hard getting up for work at 6.30am this morning, but at least we had kept the fire in all night so the boat was warm.

I was driving to work and the sunrise over the hills was georgous. The trouble was, I wanted to be 'out there', not in a car on the motorway! I sometimes think that I chose the wrong profession. My work requires that I stay indoors for long periods, but really all I want to be is outside! It is particularly bad on a Monday because I am in a windowless room all day, I don't even know what the weather is like outside!

When I arrived back at the boat this evening, I was met by a georgous smell. I didn't know what it was, but it smelt homely and fresh. On Saturday, our walk had passed through the Whinlatter Forest and I had picked up some damp pine cones, knowing that when they are dry they open out and look very pretty. P had found them discarded in my boot bag and had put them on the fire to dry and they had created this lovely smell, just like having a bowl of pot pourri.



Work again tomorrow and then a busy few days. Our youngest son is 21 next week and we are having a couple of celebrations, starting with a visit to the cinema on Thursday and a meal afterwards. The weekend is taken up with seeing him and our other son. On Friday T, Jack's owner is starring in a local play as part of her final exams (drama student), so we are going to see her.

Quite a busy few days, but pleasantly so.

Bye for now

Al

1 comment:

Fiona said...

Ah you're back! I've just caught up with your 2012 blogs. Love the sharp colours on the photos and the short-eared owl one. Keep 'em coming!