Sunday, January 8, 2012

New Years resolutions

I said a couple of posts back that I had made new year resolutions, but that was not strictly true. I don't see any point in 'resolving' to do anything at this time of year. In some ways I can see the logic in choosing now to change things, in that New Year = Fresh Start, but it is totally the wrong time of year to be doing it.

Bearing in mind that Christmas is a time of indulgence and relaxation, it is no surprise that many people feel depressed in January which is cold, dark and miserable. We are back to work with no prospect of time off for a while. To me that is the worst time to try and deprive yourself of something which you enjoy, or to try and make changes in your life which require effort.

This is the month to indulge yourself and give yourself a break to try and keep cheerful. If there is something I really want to do to improve my life I will do it at an appropriate time of the year or when I want to, rather than on a day dictated by convention. I think I am are far more likely to be successful!

I have only made one 'resolution' this year and that is to make sure I have more fun in 2012 and don't feel guilty about it!

:0

No comments: